Major General Alain Pelletier
Chief of Fighter Capability
Royal Canadian Air Force
- Refining the future fighter concept for Canada
- Identifying the critical effectors for a future combat air system
- Enforcing Canada’s sovereignty through the decisive deployment of combat airpower. Linking in airpower with a broader approach to national security
11:30 AM COMMANDERS’ STRATEGY DEBATE
This panel is an established feature of the IFC, and provides senior air force leaders with the opportunity to assess the changing nature of combat air operations, and to identify priorities for strategic development, acquisition and training.
- What does the information age mean for airpower? Has the rise of information as a critical enabler been satisfactorily integrated within airpower concept, doctrine and capability?
- What is the biggest challenge for airpower in the immediate timeframe?
- What does the future manned/unmanned balance look like? Will UCAVs define the post-2030 battlespace?
- Which technologies will have realistically reached sufficient maturity so as to be incorporated into a future combat air platform?
- What is the one thing we can all agree on and implement that will have a significant impact on acquisition reform?