Brigadier General Stephen Jost
Director F-35 Integration Office
United States Air Force
- Integrating the F-35 at a technical and tactical level. Supporting interoperability for the multi-generation combat air force
- Surpassing fusion to augment exploitation. Delivering a decisive PED function
- Delivering an information architecture which can support optimal decision-making for the F-35 pilot. How much information is enough, and how much can be processed without pilot input?
- Where will information dominance feature within the future capability balance?
- If information superiority is to be a core component of the future high-end fight, how can effect still be delivered when access to information is compromised? How do we effectively mitigate against the threat of IW and cyber attack?
- Is fusion the real challenge? How can the ISR capabilities of advanced combat air systems be exploited and disseminated in the context of the complex environment?
- To what extent is sensor and data fusion possible on existing platforms? What are the limitations?
- Are we adequately preparing for F-35 service-entry? How do we leverage the capabilities of existing platforms to field an effective mixed air combat force?